Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Going Downhill

We were discussing how to spend Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, and C#2 said that he would like to try skiing - downhill. I hemmed and hawed and finally thought, why not? So we went. We found a lovely place to stay in Lake Geneva, WI and we joined a large crowd of people renting gear and suddenly found ourselves on a bright slope with some horribly uncomfortable boots on and some skis and poles in hand. Yikes.

We had a great ski instructor, who broke everything down for us and made it all quite do able. C#2 is so flexible and has such great balance I was quite amazed at how he maneuvered his body around and managed to get righted without falling. C#1 did a great job, and really persevered. He did well and had good balance until we went to a bit more of a challenging hill and he had a great deal of difficulty regaining his balance. I think he was tired.

I only fell once, and not while I was skiing. I really enjoyed it, and was quite thrilled to learn something completely new at my age - which I don't think I'll mention. Vain? Me? Hell, yes!

I have photos on my phone, but I have to figure out how to get them on the computer. Bear with me, you should already know that I'm a luddite!

A bit of sad news. I lost one of my beloved Estonian mittens. If you see one like this, please let me know.

No comments: