Sunday, March 9, 2008

I love these mittens

Poetry mittens. I love them, they are so much fun to knit watching the words form and knowing how the letters take shape. I found then to be much simpler because you know what an "E" looks like, it's not just a random patterning of color - which is also enjoyable but... just different. When I turned my first completed mitten in side out, I just loved this.Add Image

There should be an image here. I am having Luddite technical difficulties, so maybe not. It's driving me nuts.

I had to let the second mitten of that pair hibernate since it will be a Christmas gift for my old friend TY, and I have another pair to give in June. The second pair will go to Ms. C, and are brown, cream, and a pea soup green. I have already gotten past the thumb and I wish I could ignore everything and finish them. If I did, then I'd have to start on the Swallowtail Shawl, which is making me nervous becasue I have never done lace of that scale before, and I can't wrap my brain around how the thing knits up. I guess I'll find out soon. The Swallowtail will be for Ms. S, who is getting married in August - but ssshhhhh! it's a surprise to be given in June.

No comments: