Friday, June 3, 2011

That was FUN!

Have I mentioned how much I love Socks that Rock by Blue Moon Fiber Arts? I loooooooooooooooove this yarn, it was an absolute delight to knit with and my socks just flew off the needles.
Look, they are very colorful, aren't they? I don't usually go for oranges, but this colorway just grabbed my attention - repeatedly. I tried to ignore it, but it kept yelling at me and it won. I bought it at The Fold booth at the Midwest Fiber & Folk Art Fair last year.

Socks & Ollie

Whose socks are cuter?
Sniff test.

Colors are close here, but nowhere near as vibrant as they really are...
See that column of purls on the sole? That's a handy dandy trick I learned at Sock Summit 2 years ago in Heather Ordover's class - it is especially handy for those of us who don't count too carefully.
 

I love how the heels turned out!
The pattern, Scylla, was great, and for those of us who aren't particularly careful about counting rows, it worked out very well. I got through the heels quickly, this pattern was great for those of us who lack the capacity to think too hard about heels.


I can't wait to wear them!

1 comment:

A :-) said...

Nice socks!! :-) I love STR, too and have ton of us to knit up :-)