Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Frankensocks

Circus boy loves his handknit socks. He has loved his Mint Chip socks (knit out of Knit Picks Stroll) so much that they were wearing out. I mended them once, but the color of the yarn I used bothered him. I finally decided that sock surgery was required. I cut off the toes, and re-knit new longer toes (Circus boy is growing) in an acceptable color yarn of his choice (Lorna's Laces Shepherd's Sock).
Here is how it went:

This was the original start of the Mint Chip socks - as they were originally called, in September of 2009.
They were well loved, and well worn. I mended them once - badly, and circus boy didn't wear them after that.
New toes - voila! Frankensocks!
Blech! The old yarn got quite pilly.
Lorna's Laces knitted up quite nicely for the new toes!
Ta-daa!

1 comment:

Inken said...

Frankensocks! Yes! Haha, but I like them that way