Sunday, June 1, 2008

No, I'm not done yet.

The Swallowtail Shawl. Still. It's not going as slowly, except that now there are double the stitches from when I was whining about it originally.
This has been a learning experience, and I'm just now starting to enjoy it. I fudge some of my knitting sometimes, but not with lace. Lace demands perfection. Everything shows and you can't say "Oh, yeah those stitches kind of line up" or "Yeah, that YO is just very small." No. You have to rip the sucker back or the lace looks stupid.
I started making stupid lace, and then I realized that I had to frog it and get it right. No wonder it's taking so long!

After this I'm working on Aunt G's sweater (don't ask me how long she's been waiting, well, let's just say it was for a milestone birthday and another one is around the corner) and the most beautiful thing is that it's in fluffy and fudge-able MOHAIR!

No comments: