Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rock Star

The other day when it was a gazillion degrees below zero, J & I went for lunch. I don't think I had a hat on, and J offered me a hat with 3 different pinks and a white star top. How could I refuse? I love hand knitted gifts!

Look! Isn't it great?



Why yes, I am in front of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. After at least a year of saying we should, H & D & I actually made it to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. We had a great time, and spent 5 hours looking at as much as we possibly could. There was so much to see, and hear that we probably would have needed a few more hours - and there were even noticeable gaps in the collection. I loved it!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

What gaps did you notice? What was the best part?

Fujiyamamama said...

It was missing things like California Punk, and a lot of British rockers. Very heavily American, but even then it had quite a bit missing. I'm sure their collection probably depends on who donates or lends to them, too.

The best part? The special exhibit "Sparkle and Twang". Lots of Nudie suits and some AMAZING cowboy boots (including Johnny Cash's boots!), it was so cool. John Langford did the art work, and it really fit perfectly.