Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April Showers Bring May Flowers...

...but years of procrastination bring mittens. Finally!

A. and L. have been waiting patiently for their mittens, and they finally have them! I had a specific deadline, and the girls were going skiing in Tahoe, I could not delay any longer.

I wanted them to be bright, and 3-D, and floral. I chose pansies and then I was thinking of other springy flowers, but I finally decided on poppies.

I loved the poppies!



Wouldn't you know it, the girls fought over the pansies!





The mittens are made of Lamb's Pride Superwash worsted, held double on #5 and #7 (US) needles they're dense and very likely waterproof.

I had so much fun knitting these that I was tempted to make another pair for someone else, but my hands were pretty tired from knitting all night so I snapped out of it.

1 comment:

Batty said...

These happy flowery colorful mittens are amazing. Heck, I'm 33 years old, and I want an adult version! What a fabulous gift they'll make. Lucky kids.