Okay. Let's make a list of this summer's mishaps.
Not necessarily in order.
- Cracking plaster on the interior.
- Cat pee.
- Broken sewer line.
- C#2 needs a root canal. And braces. And extractions.
- Cat pee.
- Gaping hole in wall.
- Furniture and stuff everywhere to accommodate all interior work.
- Computer crashed, lost all of my old emails.
- Cat with bladder stone, poor Cupcake! That explains the cat pee!
- Hole in the ground along the foundation.
- Air conditioner only works in 70% of rooms.
- Plaster repair.
- Masonry crud and grit everywhere.
- Had to remove all furniture from bedroom, sleeping on sofa - for a couple of weeks!
- Plaster dust everywhere.
- Computer $@#% again!!!
- D. made bacon, and when I started the kettle for tea, the paper towel under the bacon caught fire.
- Smelled smoke, assumed it was paper towels.
- Heard firefighters in front of house, and discovered neighbor's tree had a branch on fire because it was pulling the electrical wires right next to our house!
- Utility pole was at a 30 degree angle, with smoke and sparks.
- Large pop! and lost electricity for the whole day.
...and the thing is...this is not even everything.