Monday, March 18, 2013

Cleaning Out My Closet

We recently had to knock out part of a wall in my closet, necessitating emptying the whole closet. The closet has not been emptied in ...well, let's just say it had been a very long time. The entire contents were strewn about my living room, and after the work was completed I got to work.
I cleaned the years of dust off the ceiling, walls, shelves and floors. That was the easy part.

I am sorting through the clothing, trying to pare down and make sure that I really want and will wear what is hanging or sitting there. I have done this little by little in other parts of my home, but this was a biggie.

I am taking the time to try things on, and really look into each box, and bag. I still have things all over my living room, but I am much happier with the items that are going back into my closet.

I am in the process of sorting out shoes, and photographing them to keep track
and remember the less frequently worn shoes.

A gorgeous pair of beloved vintage cowboy boots.


1 comment:

A :-) said...

Oh, well done!! I've been thinking that it's going to be time later this year for me to go through all the closets again . . .