Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What was I thinking?!

I have decided for various reasons (shhh, mittenfarce!) against knitting gifts for teachers this year and I thought I was home free, no big deadlines, no frantic late night knitting...and then I remembered...the Christmas stockings!
C#1 and C#2 have some very ratty and moth eaten stockings that were inherited from my husband D. and his twin brother T. Well, last year after some of the contents were spilling out the moth holes I asked if they would like new stockings. Grandma usually knits the stockings, but if she was busy I could knit them. Then they saw these. (Okay, okay, it's not like they were trolling the internet looking for some fancy shmancy stockings for me to knit, I showed them a photo. I know, I know, what was I thinking? But it was a long time ago! Spring? I think. Okay, whatever!)
Well, Grandma is quite a good knitter, but I don't think she's in the mood to tackle Norwegian knitting. There go my leisure knitting plans (right...like that ever really happens).

Then there is the other Poetry mitten for T.
I was thinking of felted clogs for T's family in Japan, then 4 more pairs for the K family in Japan, and then digging through my stash to find the long forgotten stocking pattern I came across many other "forgotten" projects.
What? What mohair sweater?
Wish me luck and tell me to get off the computer because I have a lot of knitting to do...after I make C#1's Halloween costume. What! It's only the 28th!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Good for you for not knitting for the teachers!!!

I should be making stockings too, but not this year. I won't even consider showing that picture to Will!

You have to get pictures of the Halloween costumes!

Brenda said...

I keep meaning to start stockings for the kids every new year. It hasn't happened yet.

Eh, plenty of time for a Halloween costume too. We started pulling out random clothing last night to make a ninja for Abigail. She likes it, and that is all that counts in my book.