Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Grams, not yards. Grrrrrrrrrrr......

I bought a pattern for some felted slippers to make as gifts. I hadn't really planned on knitting any Christmas gifts, because I never finish in time. However, these are for my friend T's parents in Japan. I love them, they are so kind and generous and they have everything they need and they don't eat much Western food so it's difficult to figure out a good gift for them. I thought the slippers would be a perfect gift. I was going to make the Fiber trends pattern, but they don't really need the double sole. Then I found this lovely slipper on the Drops website. Great, lower yardage, and not too weird looking, or hard to put on - perfect!

I'm knitting away on slipper #1 for Papa, and I think, "Hmmm...I'm going through this yarn pretty quickly...." and then I re-checked the pattern. No, it's not 150 yards, it's 150 grams!!!!!

I know, I know, I should've known better.

Still no camera battery, c'mon Canon hurry up!

No comments: