Sunday, September 13, 2009

I'm Ahead of the Game!


Look, C#2's Christmas stocking! Since the beginning of Christmas-time in a kid way in our house, C#1 and C#2 have made do with hand-me-down from daddy and uncle Rice-a-roni Christmas stockings. They are made of wool, hand knit by MIL, and while they are quite cute and nostalgic, they are also moth eaten. Hard to put things into and pull things out of a piece of Swiss cheese.

The Cs chose new patterns, designed by Arnhild Hillesland, and I started C#2's on the way to Sock Summit. I'm starting the heel now and the toe won't take long. I had to frog over 1/2 of it once (forgot the decreases) and it still went quickly. I forgot how much I like stranded knitting and working from a chart for color.

So, this means I'm ahead of the game for Christmas, right?

Yeah, right.

Okay, you can stop rolling on the floor now, and go get a rag to wipe off the monitor.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

You inspire me! That stocking is lovely.