Friday, July 23, 2010

Hanging Out with Polly at the Fair

I was at the Midwest Fiber & Folk Art Fair over the weekend. It was a really lovely event, and was in air conditioned comfort. I am a wimp when it comes to heat.

There were so many lovely items, and such a variety of items, and wouldn't you know it, we were right in front of The Fold's booth and that darn Socks that Rock was trying to make me buy it! I only bought 1 skein, in Drucilla. I could only resist for so long, you know?



Most of the time I was hanging out with Polly E. Cotton (the E. is for Esther), at the Windy City Knitting Guild booth which was a great deal of fun. Here she is with her creator, N.
Polly is a really incredible piece of art, with a gift of drawing out the oral histories of knitting experience and memory. Many people walked by and said, "Oh, I worked on that...I wonder where my piece is..." it was a lot of fun. We even got a visit from Mr. Bacon.



N. looks nice and happy and friendly - but don't let that kid you! She is evil and doing her best to convince me to join the dark side and start spinning. I resisted, but I did go look at spindles (like I said, The Fold was right behind us). K. on the left was amazing, she has a gift for teaching people how to knit.



It never fails, I go somewhere and think I've taken a ton of photos because I had my camera out of my bag, but this is it.

No comments: