Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Olympic Cast On

It's official. Look! I got 5 1/2" done!




Ribby Cardi, ChicKnits by Bonne Marie Burns,
knit in Stonehedge Shepherds Wool


I actually knit while watched the Opening Ceremony on TV - I loved the kilt clad dancers, the first nation dancers (what stamina!) and the skiers hanging in the air. I carefully checked out the Latvian, Estonian, and Norwegian teams for awesome knitwear or at the very least some good mittens, but no, sadly nothing to see. The Italian team had some beautifully tailored coats that I loved, I wonder if they were designed by Armani?



My sympathies to the Georgian team, and the family of the luger, Nodar Kumaritashvili. What a tragedy.

1 comment:

Batty said...

You're fast! I've been knitting the same garter stitch square for weeks now, and look at you go!